If you aren’t already fans of South Korean boy band Day6, then here’s 5 solid reasons why you should be.
- Their music. Sine debuting in 2015, Day6 have released some pretty impressive tracks during their time as a rock band. The first song that got me hooked was titled ‘Congratulations’ and more recently I’ve fallen in love with ‘I wait’ which definitely falls into a sort of pop punk/rock genre. You’re guaranteed to fall in love with their songs no matter what genre you usually lean towards.
- They play their own instruments. There are not a lot of Kpop boy bands who play their own instruments. Obviously, there are idols who do know how to play, but sometimes this never carries over into their band performances, especially the MV’s. However, in Day6 this is not the case. Each and every member are talented whether it’s guitar, bass, keyboard or drummers, I often find myself completely hypnotized by their passion and pure talent they convey through their music. Instruments aside, the vocals in Day6 are beyond legendary, enough said.
- Their music covers. Recently Day6 gifted fans with an English cover of Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of you’. I am a fan of the original, and I’m certainly a fan of this version. I can’t imagine how hard it is to sing in a language that isn’t your native one but Day6 do not convey any difficulty at all. When listening, I highly recommend watching too because damn, like I mentioned earlier, watching them play their instruments is hypnotizing. So much so, that you may have to watch two or three times more, or in my case, just put it on repeat and lose count. They’ve covered Sam Smith, Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5 and much more. If you’re lucky enough to stumble across Jae’s old YouTube account, you will not be disappointed there either. I was so stunned to see a cover by one of my favorite bands (Death cab for cutie) as well as Joe Brooks (who strangely happens to be from my home town is a close friend of my old Geography teacher.)
- They have literally been releasing a new song on the sixth day of every month. That right there, is commitment. I didn’t think I could anticipate a certain day so much, but the 6th is definitely becoming one of my favorite days, just after payday.
- The members. Every band should consist of talented, charismatic and lovable members. Day6 have the full package. Usually I’m very quick upon deciding a bias within a group. However, within Day6, to this day I’m still struggling. It’s safe to say that I love each member equally, I wish them all huge future success because they deserve it by far!
So, if you haven’t really/officially listened to Day6 yet, get it on it ASAP. They will change your life for the better.